CME just increased the margin requirements for the E-mini. It has gone up to 2532.00 per side and x2 if holding overnight. E-mini is still my favorite vehicle for trading. I am continuously refining my strategy. I use a SIM trading environment that is pretty good in giving me the order statuses. I am also only using 1 lot orders to limit my exposure in the ES market. Like I said in my previous posts, the market can swing 20+ ticks against you. I read that one person lost 1 million while holding 700 ES in about 3 seconds. So key to my trading is limiting loss. As any trader, you are looking for lots of gains in pennies while trying to avoid nickel size losses. So far, pretty good. Up 2000.00 today. I will keep a journal of my performance starting today of my trades. I am not going to post any fills or time and sales information. But definitely, for my own interest, keep a log of my strategy's P/L on the simulated environment.
Thursday, October 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment