Friday, October 03, 2008

10/3/2008's P&L in Simulated Environment

As you can see, 10/3's trades were not as efficient as trades done on 10/2.  Reason being, I took a short position in the morning and fared badly - causing me to take a big loss.  But the key thing is understanding of the market psychology and adjusting your trading strategy constantly to fit TODAY's market.  So for 1:30 of working the market (remind you, I am not looking at it all the time since this is just something I do on the side), $1000.00 is not bad at all.  Nice bonus for the day, if it was real money.  :) 

Let's see what the afternoon session brings.  I am not sure if I want or have time to trade more in the afternoon.

Well, one of my standing limit order was filled.  I set it at a retracement level.  The market moved through it.  Here is my latest after about 5 minutes in the market starting at around 11:31am and ended with my fills at 11:36.


OK!!  Wow.  Somebody ate something not right at lunch.  Market took a nose dive at 12:30.  I was right at the beginning trending with the market.  Then the market swung against me.  Took a bad trade and make a bigger bad trade.  Had to get out when ES hit +9 (from + 30).  Then came back up through good disciplined trading in high volatile markets.  Still not sure why the ES was moving this much.  Maybe the news of the vote or an estimated vote count on the bail out.


Done for the day.  Lunch time was exciting and crazy!  Speculation of ES is not for everyone.  You gotta have patience and be able to pull the trigger on both profit and loss sides.  Some day, you have to take a loss.  I have only posted about 2 days of P&L, but tracking the entire month of June and July put me at +2k.  Hopefully the last few months have let me refined my strategy under different market conditions a bit better.

Final count for the day.


No comments: